New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More CSA Tastiness

We're still working through our latest batch of fresh local vegetables.

{Shout out to Squeezepenny CSA!!}

Here's what I had:
  • Zucchini (courgette for my British and Kenyan friends)
  • Basil
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Cremini mushrooms (also known as Baby Bellas)
Digging in my pantry, I found:
  • Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 lb mini-shrimp
  • Olive oil
  • Diced garlic

The result? Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini

Line large cooking sheet with foil. Cut zucchini in half, remove seeds and pulp, leaving a thick shell. Rub zucchini inside and out with olive oil. Roast, cut side down, under broiler setting for 10 minutes, until zucchini begins to release beads of sweat.

While zucchini roasts, combine chopped tomatoes (about 1/2 cup), chopped mushrooms (about 6 oz), 8-10 roughly torn Basil leaves, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shrimp (no more than 1/2 lb), 1 T. diced garlic and 1 t. olive oil. Note - if you aren't using mini-shrimp, chop your shrimp into small pieces before mixing in.

Remove zucchini and reduce heat to 450F. Stuff zucchini with shrimp mixture, top with light dusting of additional Parmesan cheese (alternative: mix bread crumbs and Parmesan). Bake for 20 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I certainly hope the shrimp wasn't in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't seen the hidden aquarium?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been contemplating my next improvement project...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it was delicious. The first time I had that combination (very similar to your recipe) was in London. Did you get your idea there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd actually had stuffed zucchini at an Italian bistro in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete