New Header

Image Map

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Randomness: Welcome to Fruit-a-Palooza

On to one of my more random 101 List items: Eat a piece of fresh fruit every day for a two weeks.

Why? I don't know. An even bigger why to answer would be why I decided to cross this off the list in the middle of winter. When there aren't many fruits in the market.

Oh well.

On to the Fruit-a-Rama...I've prepared a little collage:


Random observations:
  • I love bananas. They are, hands-down, my favorite fruit. But American bananas are a sad comparison to Kenyan bananas. (Days 2, 4, 5, 6)
  • I also love cherries. I can't believe I found them in Dallas in January - they only lasted 3 days because I needed to make sure I had enough fruit for two full weeks. (Days 9, 10, 14)
  • I don't particularly like to eat raw apples.
  • Grapefruit are better than I thought. Especially if they are Texas Ruby Reds. (Days 1, 7, 15)
  • Oranges make a fantastic post-10-mile run snack. (Day 13)
  • I climbed Mt Grapefruit. (Day 7 - don't know why, but that's what I thought of when I looked at this photo!)
  • I also found my Awww-Pear. (Day 11 - ok, I know that's a bad joke. But I cracked myself up.)
  • Tomatoes are a fruit (Day 12)
  • I ate fruit for 15 days in case anyone disputed that tomatoes are a fruit.
In the midst of my fruit-topia experiment, I also discovered that a simple snack of fresh fruit does wonders to control the appetite.

So maybe my little fruit-a-licious idea wasn't so crazy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment