New Header

Image Map

Monday, June 27, 2011

And Also...

For my other cooking-too-much, doing-too-much week event, I made homemade cinnamon-sugar bowls, which I filled with homemade strawberry ice cream and store-bought chocolate sorbet.

Need I say it? YUM.

Thank you, Pam Anderson, and your entire "Perfect" series. These recipes come from one of my favorite party cookbooks, Perfect Recipes for Having People Over.

Crisp Cinnamon Cups
  • 4 egg roll wrappers
  • 1.5 T unsalted butter, melted
  • Cinnamon-sugar
Heat to 350F. Lay four disposable individual pie pans upside down on one parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Lay egg roll wrappers on foil-lined work surface and brush lightly with butter. Turn over and brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Drape egg roll wrappers, sugared side up, over pie pans to make free-form cups. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating pan to cook evenly. Allow cups to cool completely before removing from pans. Will keep for one week in an air-tight container. Note: I actually reduced the quantity in this recipe, so if you want the quantities and instructions to prepare for a larger group, check out the full recipe in Pam's cookbook.

Instant Strawberry Ice Cream
  • 1 container (24 oz) frozen sweetened strawberries, chopped into large (frozen) chunks. I used about 4 cups of frozen fresh unsweetened strawberries.
  • 1/2 c plus 1 T sugar. Since my berries were unsweetened, I used 3/4 c sugar.
  • 1 1/2 c heavy cream
Place frozen berries in a blender (I used my food processor - much easier). Whisk sugar into cream. With blender running, slowly add cream-sugar mixture, stopping to stir3 or 4 times, until ice cream is smooth with small bits of strawberries. Transfer to a shallow pan and freeze to a scoopable texture.

{In all of the excitement of eating, we forgot to take photos. Trust me - they looked GREAT.}

No comments:

Post a Comment