New Header

Image Map

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm On Trend - Just a Little Late

Have you heard of jeggings?

If you said no, count yourselves in my age group (or older). There's no shame in admitting it.

Anyway, they were one of the top clothing items in 2010. I've seen them all over the style blogs and, despite the fact that we're now over halfway through 2011 (thus meaning I'm already giving in to a fashion trend that is on the way out), I bought my first pair:


Some thoughts:
  1. Unless you are a size 0 or a celebrity, always wear jeggings with something that covers your thighs and bum. The world will thank you for it.
  2. Jeggings are amazing for transforming the "gee this dress is a little short to wear to the office" dress from weekend casual to work casual-chic.
  3. Jeggings are about the most comfortable thing ev.er. to wear. I hope I don't start sleeping in them.

2 comments:

  1. I know them as leggings. Being many years older than you ;-) I've seen the trend come and go over the years, so don't worry about the trend being on the way out. You can consider yourself an early adopter for the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is really truly "new" anymore, is it? (Except, perhaps, the choice of materials used.)

    ReplyDelete