New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just Saying No

In the midst of reading books, meeting authors, cooking for others, running races, business lunches, networking events, teaching and planning parties this month, The Boy and I made a decision.

We're too busy and we need to say no.

There's not much we can do about our schedule through the first of November, but there's a lot we can do with the schedule starting November 7th. Specifically, we can leave it be.

We've had a family meeting (the furbabies voted, too) and decided that we're going to be saying no quite a bit in November and December. That will be hard for me, the social-visit-everyone-girl, but it's very needed for our overall sanity.

The Boy actually suggested that when I finish my 101 List next November that I begin a new 101 List called: 101 Things I Will Not Do in the Next 1001 Days. Not.funny.

It's not all no, though. We're saying yes to:
  • Family get togethers for Thanksgiving and Christmas
  • Making fudge
  • Baking. Lots and lots of baking
  • Driving to see holiday lights
  • Peppermint hot chocolate
  • Touring the Trains at NorthPark exhibit (finally after all these years!)
  • Putting our tree up on time
  • Listening to Christmas music
I think we have more than enough to keep ourselves busy with, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment