New Header

Image Map

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things You Can Eat When the Boy isn't Here

My guy hates feta cheese.

I love feta cheese.

It's an impasse. Usually I resolve it by sprinkling a bit of feta on my food and leaving his alone. But when he's out of town for a conference, I can infuse my entire meal with feta. YUM.

Spinach Feta Pasta
  • 2 c fresh spinach, washed
  • 1 serving dry pasta
  • 1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/8 c coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/8 t black pepper
  • 1 T crumbled bacon
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil over medium high heat in a large pan. Remove and discard any thick stems and cut into 1 inch strips. Add to the boiling water and cook six minutes. Use a skimmer or slotted spoon to remove, transfer to a colander to drain. Chop when cool enough to handle. Return the water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, around eight minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 c of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta and greens to the pot. Toss to coat and stir in feta, walnuts, salt and pepper. Add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously! I'm creeping myself out with how much we think alike. I bought feta today to do some stuffed peppers tomorrow. You inspire me to blog about my feta creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Kelly has a Sunday evening meeting every week adn a girl's gotta eat (feta).

    ReplyDelete