New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"The List"

I like to cook.

Don't believe me? Click "recipes" in my tags and have fun scrolling through a multitude of posts. 145, to be precise.

I think it's fair to say that if I could make a different recipe nearly every day of the week I would. But there's a slight problem: I'm married to The Boy.

About three months into our marriage (13 years ago today!!!), The Boy said:

I am tired of trying something new all the time.
There's nothing wrong with repeating meals.

He said it quite forcefully. You can imagine the tone of voice.

He wasn't done yet.

I want you to try no more than three new recipes a week.
The rest of our meals have to be things we've had (and liked) before.

Then he got creative.

Start writing down meals that I like a lot. I'll tell you which ones those are.
Put those items on a LIST.
Each week you have to make at least two things from the list,
Then you can make anything else you want.

And that's how The List was born.

Now whenever I make something new, and The Boy takes his first bite, I ask him if he likes it, if it tastes good and if it's a candidate to become a List Item.

After 13 years, I'm glad he made me one of his List Items.

No comments:

Post a Comment