New Header

Image Map

Monday, August 13, 2012

Mission Accomplished

I mentioned at the start of the weekend that my agenda was to rest and spend time with The Boy.

Mission accomplished - and not much else was.

Oh, I worked for a bit on some curtains I'm sewing and we did some laundry. But otherwise it was about resting and attempting to recharge batteries.

We're continually amazed at how exhausting life change is - life change that you wanted and life change that you didn't want.

If I were honest with myself, and this weekend's rest allowed for quiet time to be honest with myself, I have to admit that I'm still upset over some of the life change we've gone through. June 2011-June 2012 have marked the greatest concentration of unhappy and unexpected events that I've ever experienced. And it happened over the course of 12 months.

Thank goodness there was one really good change thrown in amongst the terrible. Small joy to counterbalance the rest (still tiring to experience all the same).

But thinking about change, and sadness, and a longing for some of what used to be is probably a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment