New Header

Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Continuing to Unpack

Awhile back, I wrote about how I (along with The Boy) am doing internal clean-up.

It's funny how, in the midst of cleaning up and clearing out, you can start to feel nostalgic - a little melancholy even.

Source

I suppose that this is a natural by-product of the process.

After all, in order to let something go, you have to make peace with it.

I do believe that regret is a waste of time (I wrote that as part of my Twitter bio so it must be true), but that doesn't mean that I don't miss what was, even though I know it's time to move on.

I was engaged with that person (event, organization, etc) because I believed in it.

I loved that person because, well, I loved that person.

I stayed in a location because I enjoyed where I was.

I felt like a place was my extended family because it was my extended family.

I could go on.

The point is, that even when it's time to go on, to say goodbye, to move forward, what you leave behind isn't really left behind.

A part of everything moves forward with you because it's knitted into the fabric of what makes you you.

Learning that, embracing that, and being ok with that is what "making peace" with something is all about.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment