New Header

Image Map

Friday, February 22, 2013

Kimchee Fries: I Got Ssahm

If you're my friend on Facebook, you know that I forgot my lunch one day at work this week.

No problem...working downtown it's a pretty simple matter to walk to one of the local food trucks for an inexpensive, delicious meal. One truck that I've been itching to visit is SsahmBBQ.


These guys have a reputation for amazing food, birthed from a blend of Korean and Tex-Mex. I've heard that everything is good, but that the kimchee fries are from another planet.

So that's what I got for lunch. Just kimchee fries...when you see what's on them, you'll understand why I limited myself to just the fries (a bit of a calorie bomb)!


Oh.My.

The fries are freshly made, tender but not greasy. They're topped with caramelized kimchee, cheese, onion and cilantro.


They were one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.

Ever.


I'm not ashamed to admit that I ate every bit.


Hey - I walked to get them for lunch, so that bit of exercise has got to offset the calories in the kimchee fries, right?

Trust me: If you are in Dallas, you must go get Ssahm. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment