New Header

Image Map

Friday, March 1, 2013

Feel Better, One Pin at a Time

I know I'm crazy. I know I am.

That's the only reason why I would have put acupuncture on my 101 list. Who randomly thinks it would be interesting to have needles stuck all over his/her body?

Only a crazy person.

And that crazy person is me.

I found a Groupon that allowed me to have two acupuncture sessions with a degreed chiropractor.

(That's right - I signed up to get stuck with pins twice.)

Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. Dr J told me that acupuncture would, over time, make me feel better and have more energy. I certainly felt more relaxed after each session, but I'm not sure if that was from the needles or from laying in a quiet dark room for 30 minutes.

I may or may not have napped at the same time.

So relaxation definitely happened.

But the big question: Would I do it again?

If we weren't focused on fully funding our emergency fund, raising money to go on a trip to X-country or paying off our house, I probably would. More energy and relaxation are good things - even if they require needles to get there.

Source

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shannah! I've always wanted to do this. Who did you go to? I'm convinced this will help me with my sinus issues. Although, quercetin + bromelain has helped dramatically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to see Dr Homer Johnson at Farmers Branch Wellness Center. 972-331-1234

      Delete