New Header

Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

Name One Thing

The Boy and I rarely disagree - and when we do it's often because we're slogging through the dog days of debt freedom.

One thing I didn't mention about that little spat of unhappiness the other week was how our disagreement ended.

The Boy was frustrated, I was frustrated that he was frustrated, he was frustrated that I was frustrated and that frustration had boiled over into a spat.

And that's when he said:

Shannah, name one thing, just one thing,
that you want to do that I don't want to do.
One thing that you want to have that I don't want to have.
One thing you wish you could do to or buy for the house
that I don't want to do or buy, too.
 
I don't think that you can, because anything you want is what I want.
Anywhere you want to go, I want to go.
There's not one thing that we really disagree over. Not one thing.

And that's when the spat ended. Because I knew that there was one thing, just one thing that I really wanted - more than anything that money could buy.

Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment