Sure enough, it's simple and easy to prepare.
Slow Cooker Aloo Gobi
(Made nearly exactly as found here)
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed and sliced (and deseeded if preferred)
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 1 T garam masala
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 t turmeric
- 3 T canola or vegetable oil
- 1 heaping T fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
In a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the cilantro. Stir well to distribute the spices. Cook on low for 4 hours. Add the cilantro just before you're ready to serve.
We enjoyed our aloo gobi with chicken tikka masala (made with premade masala sauce mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken) and rice. All in all a simple weeknight meal.
I think I might be getting the hang of this arrive-home-late-cook-an-amazing-meal thing.