New Header

Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

My REAL Running Watch

My team does a really neat thing for birthdays - we all contribute to a group gift (usually a gift card), plus bring treats and a nice card.

Of course, my birthday was last month and my team gave me a gift card to Luke's Locker. Shopping for running gear - YAY!!!

The other weekend when our friends were in town for the Brad Paisley concert, we stopped at Luke's for a shoe fitting (that's definitely a post for another day when either The Boy or I buy new shoes - it was like watching the Shoe Whisperer at work).

While J was waiting to see the Shoe Whisperer, The Boy and I did a bit of shopping, too.


 Thanks to the gift card, and birthday generosity from The Boy, I got my first real running watch!


I'm now the proud owner of a Garmin Forerunner 210.

I've gone through the basic setup, but my technical booklet reading inept, learn-by-doing self needs to do some on the pavement testing still. I have a 17 mile run this weekend, which will be an excellent opportunity see what the watch can actually do.

Either way, it's thrilling to know that I can start tracking my pace during a race. I think it will help me get closer to my goal of setting a PR (personal record) in my next marathon.

That's on my 101 List, by the way. Just like getting this watch was.

No comments:

Post a Comment