- Those close to us died - some of natural causes, some of not-so-natural causes.
- Spiritual leaders betrayed our trust.
- Church members forgot about us.
- Friends disappointed us.
- Family members hurt us.
- Workplaces changed.
- The economy tanked.
- Our career goals shifted.
- Injuries - small and large - derailed plans.
- We tried - unsuccessfully - to start a family.
I even tried to burn the ill effects of change out of our lives at the New Year's with an Airing (and Burning) of our Grievances.
It didn't work.
But here's the thing: Just like Pandora's box, I've learned that change holds surprising gifts for us.
- Inner strength
For me, all of that is hiding behind the worry lines and forehead frown wrinkle, behind the slightly sad eyes.
It's there and it's powerful.
Change is a gift.
|Background image courtesy of nirots at FreeDigitalPhotos.net|