New Header

Image Map

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Wrecked This Journal

This one.


I wrecked it. But don't worry - that was the point.

In an effort to break out of my routine, I challenged myself to purchase a Wreck This Journal and work through its various exercises.

Among other things, I had to rip pages:


Save and paste fruit stickers:


Color, scribble, drip, destroy and otherwise break the rules to unleash my creativity.

But the hardest thing I was asked to do?

Break the book's binding and cover. Tough.



All in all, it was helpful. I stopped worrying about following the rules of the book - and the rule that I set for myself to "do the book." In the end, I worked through as much as I wanted to do and then

I threw the book away.

If that's not breaking the rules to exercise your creativity, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment