New Header

Image Map

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Marriage: 15 Years In (Part 4)

The depth of my love for my guy has been on my mind a lot this past week (obviously). Part of that is a slower (outside of work) schedule, giving us plenty of time in the evenings to hang out together.

But it's also because I found a really interesting thing in a box of old schoolwork my mom gave me.

As part of an 8th grade homework assignment, I wrote a list of 20 things I wanted in a spouse.

It's remarkable how most of those things are present in my husband - especially #1.
  1. Sense of humor
  2. Approving looks
  3. Personality
  4. Financial security
  5. Dependability
  6. Commitment
  7. Compatible interests
  8. Responsible
  9. Caring
  10. Morals
  11. Non-smoking/chewing
  12. Values
  13. Religion
  14. Fun to be around
  15. Parental approval
  16. Understanding
  17. Smart
  18. Non-demanding (not exceedingly bossy)
  19. Loves me
  20. Family oriented
Too bad I struck out with #18!!!!

Just kidding. It all goes to show you that you can get what you wish for.



No comments:

Post a Comment