New Header

Image Map

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipe: Smoked Turkey Mac & Cheese

Just an idea for creatively repurposing Christmas (or Thanksgiving) leftovers.

The Boy and I like to order a Greenberg Turkey at Christmas. We eat some of this delightfully-smoked turkey the holiday, but freeze a majority of the meat to enjoy for months to come.

One of our favorite leftover mash-ups is to make homemade macaroni and cheese (use your favorite recipe - I like using Velveeta, low fat milk and pasta, or I'll make a faux mac and cheese with quoina). Finely chop leftover turkey (trust me - smoked turkey is wonderful with the cheese) and stir in just before baking.


I topped this version with breadcrumbs and wheat germ, baking until the cheese was bubbly and the topping browned.

YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment