That's not to say that I'm not interested in any of the trending pins - I repin those that look interesting and eventually get around to testing them for myself. And that's the case with this recipe.
Supposedly you can cook a complete, tasty pasta dish in one pot at one time. So I gave it a try last week when I was in a hurry to prepare a healthy dinner.
All in all, we liked it. I've noted some items at the end that I might do differently next time.
One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
Following this recipe with some modifications
- 12 oz long pasta (I used linguine)
- 1 15 oz can diced zesty red pepper tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 3 t crushed garlic
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 4 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T basil (or you can use fresh basil)
- Parmesan cheese
Things I would consider adding - mini mozzarella balls, mini precooked meatballs