New Header

Image Map

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Small Town Moments in the Big City

I grew up in a small town.

Not an itty-bitty wide spot in the road, but a small town all the same.

Living in a big city is great in many ways - Dallas certainly isn't as massive as D.C. or London, but it's a metroplex and everything that I could want to do (concerts, art shows, food variety) is available.

But it's a metroplex. And after many years of living here, Kelly and I both find ourselves longing for smaller town life. Slower traffic. Fewer people. Knowing your neighbors.

Some day we'll have that again. We're not in that season right now.

However, there are moments when you feel like you're in a small town when you're in the midst of living in the big city.

Like running into a fellow church member at the hair salon.

Or running into another friend/church member at a small local 5k:

I totally needed a haircut...got one right after the race!


I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment