New Header

Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Recipe: Jammin' Good Tarts

This post is for my friend, Jodi.

It's also for Pinterest and for my still in the planning dreaming phase Hayley Favorites cookbook.

We "won" a box of jam during this year's Hypnotic Donut Dash. I feel I must qualify the "win" by being honest about how it came about. They were doing a Q&A on Hypnotic's history and I felt they were asking snowball questions. So I asked them if they would ask people the name of the restaurant where they first started borrowing the kitchen and selling on weekend mornings.

That, my friends, was a snowball question...for myself. I'm a Hypnotic Stalker.

And now I was also a jam-winner.

We've enjoyed all of the jams in the sampler box so far (by the way, this is a local jam company), but I was a little flummoxed over how we should use Chocolate Raspberry Jam. After all, that's a pretty decadent combination - not something you slather on your morning toast.

Or maybe it is.


I decided to work with what I had - in my case, that was puff pastry. (What? Not everyone keeps puff pastry as a basic freezer staple?)

I slightly thawed the puff pastry, following the package instructions. Then I cut each sheet into nine squares. I scored a smaller  square inside each piece to give the jam a "base" to cook into while the rest of the pastry puffed while baking.


Then I put right around 1 tablespoon of jam into the center of the scored square.


Place tarts on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes.


And...DELICIOUS.


Jodi, Pinterest and future me who will likely have forgotten this recipe until discovering it in my amazing family cookbook - you're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment