New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Save the Guacamole!

I love guacamole, but I don't like brown slimy guacamole. And with the price of avocados, thanks to the avocalypse, I can't afford to toss the brown and slimy down the drain.

Quite some time ago, Cooking Light printed tips for keeping guacamole nice and green. I pinned the how-to on my Pinterest page and promptly moved on with my life.

But then, the avocalypse. It was time to dust off the pin and give it a try.

First, guacamole day 1 - literally minutes after making. And yes, the entire meal was amazing.



We had a lot of guac leftover, so I dutifully basted plastic wrap with olive oil, then pressed the plastic wrap (oil side down) on top of the guac. I sealed the bowl and stuck it in the fridge overnight.


The next morning, I took the guac out to prepare lunches for the day. This is what the guac looked like:


When I pulled off the wrap and spooned it into a to-go container, this is what it looked like:



Not bad, eh? This is such a simple - and effective - tip that I'm definitely going to use it in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment