[ Kelly is not one of those people. ]
Despite hearing the wonders of bubble tea, I've never actually tried it - this, of course, makes it a perfect thing to put on my 101 list.
Last week, I finally made time to stop in at a popular local bubble tea shop: Fat Straws.
A few thoughts:
- Kelly is crazy. I know, you knew that already, but I mean he's crazy for not liking bubble tea. He doesn't like the texture of the bubbles but you don't have to order the drink with bubbles.
- The bubbles, by the way, are tapioca. I love tapioca and Kelly doesn't.
- The main problem with bubble tea shops is that you have to know what you're doing when you go into the shop. After looking at the shop's menu online, I looked up yelp reviews to get some idea of how to order a drink and how to know what I would and wouldn't like. I finally ordered what others had mentioned tasted good. They were right: The choconana with bubbles was delicious.
- Pick a tea or smoothie combination that sounds yummy.
- Decide if you do or don't want "bubbles" (large tapioca pearls) or "jelly" (small gelatin shapes) in your tea.
- If you do want bubbles or jelly, you can also tell them how much you'd like (more or less). The average amount is about 1/4 of your drink - while drinking, that feels like an awful lot.
- Wait for your drink to be prepared.
- Drink carefully - you don't want to choke on a bubble!