New Header

Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

Don't Ignore the Little Things

Oftentimes it really are the little things that make tremendous impact in life.

For me, those little things lately have looked like:

  • Getting the ironing done over the weekend.
  • Cooking good, wholesome food for 7 days in a row and then not feeling guilty when we decided to splurge with a fast-ish dinner out on night 7 (even though we took it home to eat).
  • Clearing my desk of 5 different piles of paper - cleared directly into file folders and drawers, recycling bins or to other team member's desks.
  • Clearing my computer of 4 different To Do post it notes.
  • Being able to scratch through one entire page of tasks.
  • Reading three magazines while relaxing with the kitties.
  • Getting a rare February sunburn (ouch!) because I spent way too much time outside.

None of these are much on their own, but together they mentally make a huge difference in how I perceive my sense of "behind-ness" and my overall stress level.

This makes me wonder why it's so easy to ignore the little things until they become Big Huge Horrible things?


Source


No comments:

Post a Comment