New Header

Image Map

Sunday, February 1, 2015

#ListeningToYourLife: The Strangest of Weeks

It's been a weird week.

It was a week when Ben got very (very) sick, while I was in the midst of giving everyone on my team their annual review (and having my own review as well).


But Ben got better and emerged from the experience more spoiled than I would have thought any cat could be.

It was a week when I talked a lot (to colleagues and friends) about not letting past problems and sorrows define your present.


And realized that meant I was finally in That Place myself.

It was a week when I saw a man in a kilt on my morning commute.


Then a man on a bike walking three dogs over lunch - on the same day.


And realized that we're all quirky and weird in our own way, which is what makes life so interesting and fun. (Just don't point out my weirdness, m'k?)

It was a week when Kelly and I rushed after work on a Friday night (then back early-ish on a Saturday morning) to attend an apologetics conference primarily because we were eager to hear Lee Strobel speak.


And I was shocked at how much my heart pounded in my chest hearing truth after truth - and remembered that the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

We've wrestled with Big Decisions this week, trying to understand where God is directing our steps. I haven't felt this much turmoil - mixed with excitement and tears and hope and terror - since we knew that God wanted us to leave our US careers, sell most of our stuff and move halfway across the world.

Source

But it's good. (BTW - we're not moving oversees, family and friends. Remove the blood pressure cuff.)

We're just listening and watching and wondering at the interesting ways God works through strangeness.




No comments:

Post a Comment