New Header

Image Map

Friday, March 27, 2009

Making a List - and Checking it a Billion Times

Just for fun, I thought I'd share the things that race through my head every night:

The House
  • Handyman to-do: exterior trim, new shower, HVAC fixes. Remember to meet the handyman for an interview!
  • Paint the interior and exterior. Get painter bids!
  • Prep the house for painting - scrape popcorn, remove broken door, remove dining room doors that I hate, remove shutters that I hate, remove wallpaper that I hate, remove poorly installed chair rail, remove glued-on wall decor, fix hole in drywall, spackle.
  • Figure out why the garage door openers aren't working.
  • Cut back overgrown foliage against the house.
  • Repair screen door, remove microwave oven that's too high for me to use without a step-stool (latter item: under orders from the husband who justifiably fears a cooking accident)
  • Will we have money for additional furniture when this is all said and done?
Work
  • Chase work.
  • Relaunch the company website.
  • Chase work.
  • Prep for project interview, prepare two qualification documents, prepare fee proposal.
  • Chase work.
  • Prepare PR materials for grand opening media blitz.
  • Chase work.
Church
  • Handbell performance on Palm Sunday? Yikes! Learn the song! Make sure to get the official performance outfit. Pay attention in practice.
Miscellaneous
  • Tyler 2 miler. Is this a pulled muscle or am I just getting old?
  • Feed the cats. Why can't they figure out how to fill their own bowl?
  • Prepare for Kelly's trip. Leaving in less than a week...

I'm trying to determine my "It will get better after..." date!

7 comments:

  1. Nope. In our household of almost 40 years, the date "it will get better after" is only followed by the next date "it will get better after..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, just toss the list! Spend the time with your hubby -- all those pesky chores will wait (and help distract you) while he's away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True enough, ladies!

    I think the answer is beginning to look like this:

    - 1 Tylenol PM/night for blissful sleep
    - Hiring a contractor to knock through as much of the list as possible.
    - Taking a mini-vacation from work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horlicks Light Malt Chocolate with a splash of Baileys: drink 1/2 hour before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re the garage door opener - is it just the batteries? Or is that too simple? :-) Good luck with the list! Good thing you know how to juggle...right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my handy friends in tow to check it out. I'm hoping it's just the remote. Everything else seems to be a-ok.

    ReplyDelete