New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No One Told Me

When we bought the Hayley House, no one told me...or at least no one adequately explained to me (!) the scope of to-do's that one single purchase would bring to my life.

Simple things, like organizing stuff become their own projects because you have new and interesting places to hide store things.

Take this cubbyhole. It was the drop chute to a built-in laundry area in our master bathroom. We had a friend put in a shelf and change the door to allow us to store "extras" in this space:


But it was kind of hard to find the extras until I purchased storage containers that met our criteria - functional and attractive:


Then there were the more complex to-do's, like what to do when the towel rod falls off the guest bathroom wall, revealing the original (and untextured) wall color. Nice, real nice:


Feeling as though I had to at least try to fix it, I taught myself how to patch holes and apply spot knock down-texture:


After repainting the wall, the new set of double towel rods makes this a wonderful bathroom for both The Niece and Hayley houseguests:


And I managed to find a place to finally hang up some Shannah make-art...aka fabric that I loved too much to not purchase, stretched over canvas:


A new shower curtain and bath mats have transformed this hodge-podge bathroom into a French Country delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment