New Header

Image Map

Friday, September 18, 2009

Ooo-La-La: It's Breakfast Club

Today's my day for Breakfast Club at work and you know what that means...

I prepped last night and was ready to go early this morning. Awaiting my colleagues was an email announcing our breakfast - A Make-Your-Own-Crepe Bar - and an accompanying spread.

A Crepe Bar is a really simple breakfast for a group, be it colleagues for Breakfast Club or a houseful of weekend guests.

Merely set out a stack of crepes (To keep things simple, I buy premade crepes at the grocery store. This is my favorite brand.) and lay out an assortment of toppings.

For today's Breakfast Club, I was sure to give plenty of topping choices, both sweet and savory, including:
  • Egg
  • Hashbrowns
  • Ham
  • Mushrooms (fresh, not canned, lightly sauteed)
  • Strawberries (fresh, sliced and lightly sweetened)
  • Bananas
  • Skillet Apples (homemade, using Granny Smith apples)
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Onion
  • Green Onion
  • Coconut
  • Nutella
  • Whipped Cream
  • Béchamel Sauce

It's pretty easy to pull this together if you do the cooking and prep work the evening before. Just let your guests reheat to eat.


I gave everyone instructions on how the process worked:

Here’s how it works:

1. Pick your topping(s).
2. Assemble.
3. Warm if needed in the microwave!

And I gave them some ideas on fun crepe combinations:

Stumped on what to make?
Here are some ideas to get you going:

Strawberries and Cream
Banana Nutella
Coconut Apple
Countrified (Ham, Hashbrowns, Egg and Cheese)
Green Eggs and Ham (Eggs, Green Onion, Ham)
Traditional Mushroom (Mushroom and Béchamel Sauce)
Your Own Special Creation!


Yum!
(If you don't know how to prepare any of the things I've listed above, let me know in the comments and I'll post recipes.)

3 comments:

  1. I hope your colleagues appreciate all you do for them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they do...I had a lot of compliments yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your breakfast bar idea, and of course we love that Frieda's Crepes are your favorite brand!

    ReplyDelete