New Header

Image Map

Sunday, September 20, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

Five stores, six hours of shopping and Lord-only-knew how many hours of assembly and installation = a trip to collect take-out for dinner.

I had a houseful of men, and myself, to feed. We were in the mood for a mini-fiesta, celebrating successful shopping. I called in our Tex-Mex order and headed off to for my 20 minute pick-up time at the Restaurant Which Shall Not Be Named For Fear They Will Bombard Me With Gift Certificates and Catering Again.

30 minutes later, I was still waiting to be helped. I had parked in Zanzibar, fought my way through the wilderness to the restaurant, and was now stuck behind the world's pickiest customers:

What salads do you have without meat?
{Are you kidding me?}
If I take the chicken off that salad, can I get shrimp?
{I thought you didn't want any meat...}
Guac and sour cream on the side.
Pico on the side, too, along with the salad dressing.
{Is that all?}
And extra pico on the side - lots of it.
{Of course it isn't all...}

Geesh.

It was finally my turn at the register. I glanced at my receipt before paying and noticed that it said:

Combo quesadillas
Beef chimichanga
Pork burrito

Hmmm...I ordered a beef burrito. Curious, I looked at a take-out menu. No pork burritos anywhere on the menu.

So I asked the server: I noticed that the receipt says pork burrito. I don't see any pork burritos on the menu.

Her: I know. Weird, isn't it? That's just what the computer put on it.
Me: Well, ok, but the thing is, I kind of wanted beef.
Her: It is beef.
Me: But the receipt says pork.
Her: But it will be beef.
Me: Ok. {We'll see!}

I waited for another 20 minutes, before sending a text message to The Youngest:

What was I thinking when I
decided to order from (X) again?!?

My server eventually brought out my order and chirpily went through everything, including chili con carne sauce for the burrito and queso sauce.

Me: What is the queso sauce for?
Her: The chimichanga.
Me: Ummm...I ordered chili con carne sauce for that.
Her: Oh.

On the way home, The Boy called to find out what was taking me so long.

Me: You wouldn't believe the experience I've had at (X). I must write a blog.
Him: Well, are we getting what we ordered?
Me: Let's just say we have food. We'll see how close it is to what we ordered!

Remarkably, it was close. When all was said and done, we ended up with:

Combo quesadillas
Beef chimichanga
Pork burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment