New Header

Image Map

Saturday, January 2, 2010

One More Time and This Will Be a Tradition

Though it was cold, though we were sleepy...though we'd all rather stay at the Hayley House under piles of blankets and furbabies, we headed to White Rock Lake for the 2009 New Year's Day 5-Miler race.

After all, we ran it last year. And it is a good way to kick off the new year.

And I told the guys that they were wimps if they voted to stay home instead!


A large crowd shows up for the race every year. This year, most were in warm running gear to battle the below-freezing temps along the lake. Others wear outfits inspired by the holiday.

I think you can only do this if you're young - older runners don't want to reveal the wrinkles and they know better!


We had a good run. The Boy ran his longest race since being injured in the San Antonio Marathon and his best timed 5-mile race: 37:07. That's a 7:25/mile pace.


Our good friend John, running with reduced lung capacity, finished 2:50 faster than last year! Not bad for being sick for over 2 weeks.

And....guess what? I finished 2nd in my division!! I managed to improve my pace by 51 seconds/mile.


After we finished running, our good friend John said, You know, if we do this one more time it will be a tradition.

I think there are worse traditions to have, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment