New Header

Image Map

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Year In Review

In the midst of thinking about what 2010 might bring, I thought it might be fun to look back at 2009. What better way to look at the year's highlights than to read my own blog?

January 2009: On January 1st I ran my first-ever 5 miles. Whew! Not sure I would have survived it without The Boy cheering me to the finish.


So who would have guessed that I would win my first-ever sports medal (for running, no less!) just a week later? This running thing gets to be a bit addictive.


February 2009: We found...and bought...our first-ever house.


March 2009: We embarked on a massive slew of home repairs before we moved into the Hayley House.

April 2009: We attended our first Food Creates Community dinner, marking the start of a fun way to meet new folks who are interested in well-prepared local foods and the beginning of a friendship with Chef Jordan and his wife Emily.

May 2009: We moved into the Hayley House. After a bit of transition anxiety, the furbabies fall in love with the space, stairs and local wildlife!


June 2009: We took our first vacation in two years, heading to the countryside to vegetate and recreate with our good friends. It was a much-needed time of rest.


July 2009: More settling in, repairing the house and cooking up a storm. In short...normal life.

August 2009: The Niece moves in with us.

September 2009: I purchased the most expensive bras imaginable - and had to tell The Boy.


October 2009: We threw a huge Hayley Housewarming party. Too fun!!


November 2009: I ran my first-ever Half Marathon. (Like I said, this running stuff gets to be a bit addictive!)


December 2009: We ended the year in a sprint, attending one too many parties, attempting one too many projects and getting caught in a Christmas blizzard.


Looking back is pretty fun! Sometimes I feel discouraged, as though I've not accomplished much of anything in a year - letting life rush by with nothing to show for it.

I suppose that while we did get a little over-busy at times, we also did a good job of enjoying our marriage, the furbabies, our friends and our new house. And I'm pretty happy with that.

2 comments:

  1. You and Kelly had a wonderful year - full of blessings. Here's to 2010 being even better! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I hope that 2010 is a wonderful year for you as well.

    xoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete