New Header

Image Map

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Know Before You Go

The Boy needs new trousers. One of his current pairs has decided to give up the fight...frayed cuffs don't exactly give the professional image that he wants to convey at the office.

So off I headed to Kohl's to pick up a new pair.

I should note that purchasing trousers (or jeans or jammie pants) for The Boy is a monumental task. His runner's body is so slender that I often have a difficult time tracking down the correct size in a physical store.

Side Note: I've often called us the modern day Jack Sprat and his Wife. Enough said.

Anyway, I had a complete brain freeze (blame it on relaxing at the spa) and couldn't for the life of me remember what The Boy's trouser waist measurement was.

To avoid a Wallace and Gromit wrong trouser moment, I called The Boy.
Me: What size trousers do you wear?

Him: I think I wear a 30" waist.

Me: Umm...no, you don't. You're thin, but you haven't had a 30" waist for some time.

Him: Why did you call me if you know what size I don't wear?

Me: Because I don't remember what size you do wear.

Him: Well, I don't remember.

Me: Ok, take off your trousers.

Him: I was afraid you were going to say that.

Poor Boy...it's not very often that your wife calls you at work and tells you to take off your trousers!!

And for all of the women who read this blog and want to be furious with The Boy over his measurements (as I am on a regular basis) - he has a 31" waist. Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment