New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Feeling Thrifty


I set a very random goal for myself – to buy something at a resale store – for one reason: because I’ve never been to a resale store in the US. I purchased my favorite go-to cardigan at a charity shop (aka – thrift/resale store) in the UK on a day of freezing-cold desperation. That worked out so well, it seemed I ought to give it a try here in the States.

Plus, the ladies on one of my favorite blogs, Academichic (soon to close-up shop – sob!!), thrift proudly and often. I felt inspired.

The other weekend, I headed to a store I’d been following on Facebook, the Clothes Mentor. Inside I found a wonderful assortment of quality brands, in good condition, well-organized racks, and helpful staff.

Even better, I found a Ralph Lauren skirt and Liz Claiborne capris that I liked enough to buy. Total cost? $20.

Hmm. I think I might have to visit resale shops a little more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment