New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Best in the Country

On our way back to Dallas from the San Antonio Marathon, we took a bit of a detour to stop in Brenham, Texas.

Why Brenham? Anyone in Texas will tell you that we stopped there because it's the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream - the best ice cream in the country.

The visitors' center is being expanded.
I've wanted to tour Blue Bell forever, so much so that I put it on my 101 list to make it happen.


The tour was wonderful. We (The Boy, me, and our best friends) were the only ones in our tour, so we had the opportunity to pepper our guide with tons of questions.


Take-aways from the tour?
  • The very best ingredients go into making Blue Bell ice cream.
  • A lot of time and attention to detail is required in the process.
  • Employees love working at Blue Bell and stay for many years.
  • The factory is one of the cleanest I've ever seen.
Oh, yeah - and we took away a scoop of yummy ice cream each. The Boy would recommend the Pumpkin Spice and I strongly suggest you try the Cinnamon. YUM!

{Complete flavor listing - with descriptions - here.}

{And how cool is it to have friends and a husband that participate in crazy 101 list activities? I just realized that this group has, in one way or another, been a part of 25 of the 61 things I've ticked off on my list!}

No comments:

Post a Comment