New Header

Image Map

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Putting Pinterest to the Test

Pinterest is full of ideas, solutions and pure inspiration. I'm pretty faithful to pin all sorts of things - I'm just less faithful to try out anything but the recipes.

Anyway, this week I decided to try out one of the nifty solutions I'd pinned. I decided to try it out mostly because of this:



Yeah. I'm a little embarrassed to share that photo. It's gross. And it's also just hard water build up.

But it's still gross.

According to Pinterest, vinegar dissolves hard water build up. So mid-gag, I decided to give it a try.

Soak a paper towel with vinegar and set on the gross build up. Allow it to work its vinegar magic.


And about 10 minutes later, the hard water is gone...with a bit of scrubbing (I just used the soaked paper towel).


Much better, huh?

The only downside to using vinegar to remove hard water build up is that certain kitties who associate vinegar with itchy bit treatment will avoid you like the plague.

1 comment: