New Header

Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

Well What Do You Know?!?

Sweating to the Oldies...or getting oldies to sweat...really does work!

Here I am, at a healthy BMI. Tons of effort, tons of time, but I'm now within an "acceptable" body weight range.

Actually, I've been at a healthy BMI for a few months, but I kind of wanted to make sure it would "stick" before saying anything about it!

The ultimate secret to my success? Two things:

1. Running. I increased my cardio significantly and got serious enough about running to join a running club (a 101 goal - yay!).

2. Visiting a nutritionist (another 101 goal). Melanie Wilder of the Village Health Partners really helped me understand my motivations behind eating (other than being hungry) and helped me develop new strategies for dealing with stress instead of turning to food.

Hooray! Healthy BMI!

Was it worth it? Yes. Not for new clothes (which I have yet to buy). Not for random squeezes (which The Boy is happy to give).

It was worth it to feel stronger and healthier, as well as more in control of how I interact with food.

Now to have a foot that's not in a boot and I might be able to maintain this lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment