New Header

Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tossing It Out

I finally did it.


That's right, I threw away all of my old unmentionables. The drawer, formerly full of the wrong size, the worn out and the forlorn was cleared out to make room for a bag full of right sized, in mint condition replacements.

Definitely not going to show these on a blog for goodness sake!

But here's the interesting part of this 101 challenge: I learned that I probably should have been born in the Great Depression.

Really - I found it nearly impossible to throw things away, despite the wrong size and the wear-and-tear. After all, the goods were still serviceable. And if it's serviceable, isn't that the point? To be of service? And to throw away something that's serviceable seems wasteful.

I'm not sure what to make of this, honestly, though I think I'm at the age where I really don't care what others think. I'm old enough to understand that things have value.

What I think I'm not yet old enough to understand is that sometimes it's ok to allow yourself certain luxuries that aren't budget-busters.

I'll have to keep working on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment