New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

It's not exactly comforting to read about the flu outbreaks sweeping college campuses when you have a college student living at your home. I'm not a hypochondriac, by any means, but I've had the flu and I don't want to repeat the experience.

So far, so good. Lots of handwashing and vitamins, plenty of healthy eating, exercise and rest. We're doing everything right.

Until this past weekend.

The Niece went home this weekend to visit The Boyfriend. Young love...it leads you to do romantic and crazy things.

Romantic, of course, is wanting to see each other all the time. (Ahh - I remember what that was like!)

Crazy, however, is going home where a sick sibling resides to visit a Boyfriend, who is also sick. Neither had the flu, at least, but both are walking germ-spreaders of the current respiratory infection.

We said: Wash your hands! No cuddling! Don't get sick!!

The Niece said: I won't get sick! I feel fine.

Sunday evening when she returned to the Hayley House, we asked her how the weekend went.

She replied - in a scratchy voice - It went fine.

Oh no.

I may not have rugrats, but I do have a medicine box. I planted The Niece on the stairs and gave her:
  • NyQuil caplets
  • NyQuil caplets
  • Cepacol cough drops
  • Kleenex with lotion
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Quarantine instructions: Wash Your Hands Frequently! Don't Breathe On Us!
(I have become very like one of my relatives in my fanatic efforts to avoid illness!)

So far, so good. She's sounds awful, but neither of us is sick...yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment